According to a story, in the Shivalik Hills, a cow used to arrive every day and offer milk at 3 adjoining stones(Pindies) places on hilltop. It was observed by local resident that’s there were 3 Holy Shilas originated and they started Worshiping & and it was found to be the forehead of Shri Sati. Accordingly a temple was constructed finally. Later,
Maharaja Gopal Singh of Manimajra constructed the present main temple of Shri Mansa Devi, which is situated on the Shivalik foothills in village Bilaspur, Tehsil and District Panchkula, during the period 1811-1815. At a distance of 200 meters from the main temple, the Patiala temple which was got constructed by Sh. Karam Singh, the then Maharaja Patiala in the year 1840.
This temple had the patronage of Manimajra State. After the merger of princely states into Pepsu the Patronage of State Govt. ended and the temples remained neglected. The raja of Manimajra then appointed pujari as ‘ khidmatuzar’ of this temple whose duty was to worship the deity of the temple. After the merger of princely State into Pepsu these pujaris became independent on the matter of controlling and managing the affairs of the temple and the land attached to the temple. They could neither maintain this temple nor provide necessary facilities to the visiting devotees and thus the condition of the temple deteriorated day by day. So much so that there were no proper arrangements for pilgrims.
Pandit Sudarshan SharmaPrincipal Head Pujari Mobile No: +91 94639 15680
Calls to Pandit Ji for your any query
Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Board
Panchkula, Haryana - INDIA
Tel : 0091-172-2556328, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org